none
can't install kinect sdk RRS feed

• Question

• i am a newer. i haven't install any other kinect drivers, and i firstly install vs 2010 ,then directx , then sdk. but it in the device driver i only get one "Microsoft kinect device" and  the led light is sparking. when i run the skeletalviewer sample , given "NuiInitialize failed".
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:56 AM

Answers

• Try making sure it's plugged into the wall outlet and usb both and make sure your special power/data cable is plugged all the way in to the orange part on the inside coming from kinect. I find when i get kinect device in device manager most times i dont have it plugged into the wall outlet or the drivers are not installed correctly. Trying do a full unistall/reinstall of directx sdk then the kinect sdk. This will install fresh drivers and make sure it works. Only do this after you make sure everything is plugged in correctly.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:53 PM

All replies

• have you gone through the FAQ? Have you unplugged/replugged the device? Is it plugged into power?
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:28 PM
  •  thanks for reply. i have read the FAQ,but not find answers. i have try all the usb ,and plugged into power. by the way, i use it on pc, and when i run the sample in vs 2010(c#), it will show "Runtime initialization failed. Please make sure Kinect device is plugged in.".
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:58 AM
  • have you ever installed any other Kinect open source drivers on this machine?
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:20 AM
  • Also, if you run the sample in C++ and set a breakpoint in call to NuiInitialize in CSkeletalviewerApp::Nui_Init method in NuiImpl.cpp, what error code is returned to hr variable?

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:31 PM
  • Does the version of DX SDk suits which is said by the official document?
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:11 PM
  • Try making sure it's plugged into the wall outlet and usb both and make sure your special power/data cable is plugged all the way in to the orange part on the inside coming from kinect. I find when i get kinect device in device manager most times i dont have it plugged into the wall outlet or the drivers are not installed correctly. Trying do a full unistall/reinstall of directx sdk then the kinect sdk. This will install fresh drivers and make sure it works. Only do this after you make sure everything is plugged in correctly.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:53 PM
  • hello dier friend

i install microsoft sdk and all programes that needed

i can run audio samples and work

but  skelete samples can't find my kinect

and say : attach kinect to pc to play

can you help me?

Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:36 AM
  • Did you try the above steps try reinstall the kinect samples and you can compile the code for skeleton viewer in the newest kinect sdk to whatever your computer is 32bit or 64-bit. but the wpfviewers even i had trouble compiling code for so if anyone got them to work please post here because i myself am too.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt.
    • Edited by The Thinker Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:45 PM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:45 PM