none
What are the best scanner and barcodes tools for Visual Studio applications Development? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There..

I'm Looking For scanner and barcodes Tools For My applications Development ,

So Any One Can Give Me Advice What's The Best One And Where It To Buy ?

Monday, February 24, 2020 11:15 AM

All replies

• The short answer is "no".  That's because you haven't told us what you need, and because there is never one "best".

Do you want to generate and print barcodes?  Do you want to scan and recognize barcodes?  Which kinds of barcodes?  Do you already have a barcode scanning device?  What brand?  Didn't they include a library?

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:13 PM
  • I agree with Tim on this. The best advice is to perform research on the web then visit one or more retailer and ask question and when that is not possible call the company and ask questions.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:28 PM
  • Hi theafreeman4ever,
    I viewed your description. If you want to use barcode scanner, you can refer to the following steps.
    1.Obtain the barcode scanner, you can use BarcodeScanner.GetDefaultAsync to get the available barcode scanner.
    2.Claim the barcode scanner for exclusive use.
    3.Add event handlers to ClaimedBarcodeScanner
    More details you can refer to this link.
    Here are some related documents you can refer to.
    [Barcode Scanner in C#]
    [How to Read Barcodes in C# and VB.NET]
    [How To Develop Apps For Hand Held Scanner For Scanning Barcodes: Part 1]
    Hope these are helpful for you.
    Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:42 AM
  • thank you for your replay...

i just need tool to scan documents from scanner to my application

and tool to scan and read barcode and QR

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 7:06 AM

and tool to scan and read barcode and QR

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 7:06 AM

and tool to scan and read barcode and QR

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 7:07 AM
  • For scanning/reading barcodes, you can try Spire.Barcode: How to Scan Barcode in C#

Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:06 AM
  • The company I work for has a library that supports both capturing from scanners and reading barcodes.
    I could claim it’s the “best”, but I’m not a neutral party, so I suggest you judge for yourself by trying the free evaluation edition from this page.

The C# code to perform scanning and reading QR using LEADTOOLS looks like this:
    // Acquire image from scanner
    TwainSession session = new TwainSession();
    session.Startup(this.Handle, "manufacturer", "productFamily", "version", "application", TwainStartupFlags.None);
    RasterImage img = session.AcquireToImage(TwainUserInterfaceFlags.Show);
    session.Shutdown();
    //Find and decode QR code from scanned image
    BarcodeEngine engine = new BarcodeEngine();
    BarcodeReader reader = engine.Reader;
    BarcodeData[] barcode = reader.ReadBarcodes(img, LeadRect.Empty, 1, new BarcodeSymbology[] { BarcodeSymbology.QR });
    if (barcode != null && barcode.Length > 0)
       Console.WriteLine("Data:{0}, Found at location {1}", barcode[0].Value, barcode[0].Bounds);
    else
       Console.WriteLine("Could not find QR code in image");

If you decide to try the SDK, keep in mind there’s free technical support through email and chat during the evaluation period.

Sunday, March 8, 2020 4:46 PM