How to add Web Service in Windows Store Blank App? RRS feed

• Question

• Today I created app (In VS2012 choose Blank App (XAML) under Windows Store) and wanted to add a Web Service. So i right clicked Project and click on add Service Reference and click on Advance and I got shocked that there were not button of "Add Web Service".\

so, can anyone tell me how to add Web Service in app?

-Amar Trivedi

Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:42 AM

Answers

• Does this help at all?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2012/12/21/help-me-how-do-i-connect-to-an-asmx-web-service.aspx

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Aaron Xue Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6:04 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:05 PM

All replies

• Hello Amar Trivedi:

you may click on Add Service Reference and add Windows Communication Foundation:

WCF Service is similiar to WebService

Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:53 AM
  • I tried but in my current scenario I have to use Magento web services and I din't get any expected result in Service Reference. So will there be any other way to add web service?

-Amar Trivedi

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:03 AM
  • Dear Amar Trivedi:

I am sorry that I couldn't help you

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:36 AM
  • You may need to install WCF Data Services Tools for Windows Store Apps, which is available for download here. It extends the Add Service Reference experience with client-side OData support for Windows Store Apps in Visual Studio 2012.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:44 AM
  • Thanks zexue for the replay but still not working.

-Amar Trivedi

Saturday, January 19, 2013 5:03 PM
  • After installing the WCF Data Services Tools for Windows Store Apps component, make sure that you add references to the following assemblies to your solution/project.

• Microsoft.Data.Edm.WindowsStore
    • Microsoft.Data.OData.WindowsStore
    • Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.WindowsStore

You can then add a service reference to http://services.odata.org/Northwind/Northwind.svc/ and see if it works. It works on my blank Win8 app.

Monday, January 21, 2013 5:52 PM
  • looks like a duplicate of Metro Web Services Support

Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Hello zxue, I think you means to add a service reference instead of web service reference. If i am right than I need to add Magento web services. If I am wrong then i am not getting your point so can you please give me some description if possible.

-Amar Trivedi

Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:34 AM
  • Does this help at all?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2012/12/21/help-me-how-do-i-connect-to-an-asmx-web-service.aspx

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Aaron Xue Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6:04 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:05 PM