none
Generate Ws-Fed or SAML token in code, then pass it on to user? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, We are looking at building our own Idp, and a custom Idp Initiated sign on page. The applications would be setup as relying parties on an ADFS server, so they will be expecting a token from ADFS, not our IdP token.

here is the idea: user signs onto our IdP app, app goes and generates an ADFS token via code, which in turn talks to our own sts end point, and then the user receives the valid ADFS token to sign in to the relying party app. 

I have found many examples of how to generate tokens in code, but those tokens remain on the server and used for server-server auth. Most often for web services to talk to RPs. How do I push the token down to the user so they can use it for authentication using their browser?

Friday, September 23, 2016 1:42 AM

All replies

• Hi alxdean,

Thanks for your post.

This forum is used to discuss about WCF developing issue, your issue is more related with SAML token, I suggest you go to forum below for help.

Reference:https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=Geneva

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 23, 2016 6:10 AM