Where to start with reporting RRS feed

• Question

• User1922978616 posted

I want to create a series of reports for the business and I'm not sure how to proceed.  We have SSRS set up and I'm creating my reports in Visual Studio and deploying them to the SSRS server.  I want to create a landing page with links to all of the reports, which I'm assuming I can do in ASP .NET, but I'm not sure how to set up the report viewer properly.  Can someone point me to tutorials that would guide me through this?

Is it possible to have a generic page with a report viewer and pass the report name to it as a query string parameter?  How do I style the reports (css) when I do things this way?  Can I pass parameters to the reports?

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:29 AM

Answers

• User1711366110 posted

I want to create a series of reports for the business and I'm not sure how to proceed.  We have SSRS set up and I'm creating my reports in Visual Studio and deploying them to the SSRS server.  I want to create a landing page with links to all of the reports, which I'm assuming I can do in ASP .NET, but I'm not sure how to set up the report viewer properly.  Can someone point me to tutorials that would guide me through this?

As per your case, you can create report with sub-report or drill-down report or add some expression to achieve it which is based on your table values & expected result.
    I suggest you to refer the following links :
    1. Click here to know more about Drillthrough, Drilldown, Subreports, and Nested Data Regions in Report Builder and SSRS

2. Click here to get sample project with explanations of SSRS Series  with Subreports, DrillDown Reports, Expressions and Custom codes, Databars, Indicators, Custom Sorting and Paging,etc..

--
    with regards,
    Edwin

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:30 PM