Urgent! Since latest Windows 8 update, our WinJS application crashes (XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x2efd, Could not complete the operation due to error 00002efd.)

Question

• Hello,

We have an Windows 8 WinJS application in the store and this app is working fine since the consumer preview for the first version but since the RTM for our latest version. Yesterday, my work pc and my tablet both rebooted after latest Win8 update. Since, our app crashes. I did run some tests  from VS2012 in debug and this is this error below which is coming after the first XMLHttpRequest: (XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x2efd, Could not complete the operation due to error 00002efd.).

Can anyone explain to me what is going on ? Do we have to change something of latest Win8 patches broke something ?

Txs in advance

-Vince

-Vince

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:40 AM

All replies

• No there is not enough information here.  Can you post a repro or share a sample project?  If you create a new project with an XMLHttpRequest does it fail too?  What troubleshooting have you done so far.

If this is very urgent you could open a support case for individual help: Click Support and then Navigate to Get Technical Support...

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:24 PM
  • I used to get that error when the website or service I was trying to connect to was offline or due to some network change on the office's connection I could no longer reach it.

Is the resource reachable or available at all times?

Sunday, December 2, 2012 12:57 AM