MFA with Condition RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

It's possible to enable MFA for user with condition.

Example : i want to enable MFA for users when are outside our network and disabled if are in our internal network.

Regards

Monday, May 27, 2019 2:14 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can use conditional access and locations. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/conditional-access/location-condition

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/conditional-access/untrusted-networks

Monday, May 27, 2019 10:19 PM
  • Thanks .The MFA is enabled from our office 365 portal .so it's possible to do these configuration with MFA enabled in office 365 .Or , i should configure MFA in Azure ?

Regards

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Thanks .The MFA is enabled from our office 365 portal .so it's possible to do these configuration with MFA enabled in office 365 .Or , i should configure MFA in Azure ?

Regards

Conditional Access is located in the Azure AD Admin Center (linked to from the Office 365 Admin Portal), part of the Azure Portal.

Conditional Access requires the Azure AD Premium P1 license (or a license that includes Azure AD Premium P1, like Azure AD Premium P2, EMS E3, EMS E5, M365 E3 and M365 E5 licenses) for objects in scope. Conditional Access may trigger Azure MFA, that is also part of the Azure AD Premium P1 license.

Office 365 MFA is different to Azure MFA. Office 365 MFA is included with every Office 365 license. When enabled through the Office 365 Admin Portal, the person needs to perform multi-factor authentication every time an Office 365 service is accessed (unless an app-password is used or MFA has been remembered for x days).

Both Office 365 MFA and Azure MFA share the Multi-factor Authentication dashboard to configure additional MFA settings.

More differences between the different versions of MFA within Microsoft's portfolio can be found here.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:53 AM