none
Can't get Live Ads to display in app, only test ads are displayed. (Pubcenter & Construct 2) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've released my game on the Windows store but no matter what, i can't seem to get live ads to show, only test ads are displayed.

It's really frustrating as everything seems set up, ads are display where and when they should be, but its only test ads that are shown.

There doesn't seem to be an option to toggle test ads on the Contruct 2 Pubcenter plugin or in the Windows dev center, so i'm struggling to find the issue.

These are the steps I've done:

- Built application in Construct 2 with Pubcenter plugin using application and ad unit ID created from my dev account.

- Exported to Windows 10 with minify script checked

- Opened Visual Studio 2017 & Installed Microsoft.Advertising.JS NuGet package

- Added Microsoft Advertising SDK for Javascript reference

- Associated app with the store

- When testing app (with x64 cpu) the ad shows up in correct place, but shows a test ad video instead of an actual live ad.

- Created app package (in Release) and submitted to the store. The app is now live but it still displayed the test ad video instead of live ads.

Link to my app - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/penguin-dash/9nsf3kdbz3f6

I'd appriciate some help to get this resolved.

Thanks.

Sunday, September 9, 2018 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi rayray,

Test ads can be shown, even when you are expecting live ads. This can be happen in the following scenarios:

1.Our advertising platform cannot verify or find the live application ID used in the Store.In this case, when an ad unit is create by a user, its status can start as live but will move to test status within 6 hours after the first ad request. What does the as unit's status show in your Windows Dev Center ? If the status is Active and Serving test ads, the situation you encounter is normal. 

2.In the side-load apps or apps that are running in the emulator will not show live ads.For more details, please refer to Test ads are showing in your app instead of live ads.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 10, 2018 2:11 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My ad unit is showing as Active in the Windows Dev Center.

I'm still a little confused, if it's normal to show test ads even when the ad unit is active and I'm expecting live ads, how do I get live ads appear?

I would have assumed that test ads are for when the apps are in development phase and once the app is live in the store, it'll start displayed actual live ads.

Is there anything I can do to get live ads to display? 

Monday, September 10, 2018 2:51 PM
  • Hi rayray,

>how do I get live ads appear?
    Your guess is correct. If your ads use live applicationId and adUnitId, they will display the actual live ads when your app is released in the Store successfully. There is no other way to display the actural ads.

Best regards
    Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:58 AM
  • I've had my app live in the store for around two weeks now, and it's still displaying test ads. I'm using Live AppID and adUnitID, but it's not changing to live ads. Is there nothing I can do to fix this?
    Friday, September 21, 2018 3:26 PM
  • Hi rayray989,

I install your app from the Store and the app display the live ads.The reason your app still displays the test ads may be that the app you used now is the test app before the app released in the Store.So could you uninstall the app and re-install it from the Store or use another device to try again? I installed your app and the advertisement is shown as follows:

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 24, 2018 2:49 AM
  • That advert is not via Pubcenter. I created those images and turned them to clickable links to act as adverts of sort. I haven't used Pubcenter for banner ads as i couldn't get them to work, even in test format.

To display the test interstitial ads, just trigger game over 4 times and the interstitial ad will display.

I'm definitely not using the test app, and the app and ad unit ID are live ones. I've checked multiple times and tried on multiple devices by downloading from the store, but it still shows test ads.

Monday, September 24, 2018 1:45 PM
  • Hi rayray989,

I retested your app, just like you said.In the forum, we can't be able to track your app and ads,it's a better way for you to make a support ticket which includes information as detailed as possible to ask for help. So that the team could take a look of your issue with the application id and unit id from their side. Please click 'contact us' , select 'Dashboard issue' as the support topic and proper issue type to 'submit an incident'.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:15 AM