Adding stored procedures to a azure data synced sql database RRS feed

• Question

• Do i need to re provision the sync if i had to add stored procedures to one of the databases (the other one already contains these stored procedures).

Its impartitive that the sync does not fail throughout the day and if there is any reason to doubt that it could for anything above 30mins i would like to know so that i can plan accordingly.

Owen

Friday, September 5, 2014 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Owen Sammut,

SQL Azure Data Sync does exactly synchronize your data which is in your Tables. Stored Procedures are not included because they contain no data. After the synchronization occurs, the new schemas, tables and several stored procedures are generated inside your Azure databases , and they used to be maintain synchronization. According to your description, if you want to add the stored procedure into your existing SQL Azure Data Sync, I recommend you use the Generate Scripts Wizard.

The SQL Server Management Studio Generate Scripts Wizard is an easy means of producing a script that will copy all of your Stored Procedures to another database.

For more information, see: Data Synchronization using SQL Azure Data Sync

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/felixmar/archive/2012/06/26/data-synchronization-using-sql-azure-data-sync-part-ii.aspx

Regards,
    Sofiya Li

Sofiya Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, September 22, 2014 5:08 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Owen Sammut,

SQL Azure Data Sync does exactly synchronize your data which is in your Tables. Stored Procedures are not included because they contain no data. After the synchronization occurs, the new schemas, tables and several stored procedures are generated inside your Azure databases , and they used to be maintain synchronization. According to your description, if you want to add the stored procedure into your existing SQL Azure Data Sync, I recommend you use the Generate Scripts Wizard.

The SQL Server Management Studio Generate Scripts Wizard is an easy means of producing a script that will copy all of your Stored Procedures to another database.

For more information, see: Data Synchronization using SQL Azure Data Sync

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/felixmar/archive/2012/06/26/data-synchronization-using-sql-azure-data-sync-part-ii.aspx

Regards,
    Sofiya Li

Sofiya Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, September 22, 2014 5:08 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:30 AM
  • But how can u keep the slave db's stored proc updated all the time without running the scripts manually?

Muhammad Umair umair.muhammad@hotmail.com MVP - Visual Basic Technologies

Sunday, January 22, 2017 11:39 AM