Windows 8 javascript change the attribute of branding to name

Question

• I have a windows 8 application updating tiles periodically. In the tile update i wish the logo to be replaced with the Application name.Did a analysis on the same and found the attribute value"branding" to be changed to name.But setAttribute method is throws "0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'setAttributes'"

Below is the code snippet placed in default.js

var squareTileXml = Notifications.TileUpdateManager.getTemplateContent(Notifications.TileTemplateType.tileSquareText04); var tileattributenode = squareTileXml.getElementsByTagName("binding"); tileattributenode[0].setAttributes("branding","name");

Monday, August 19, 2013 4:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

I found the solution.Changing the attribute to "setAttribute" did the trick.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:25 AM
  • Hi Shyam,

Thank you for sharing the answer with us, I think your solution will help other community members.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:48 AM