The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Service Fabric!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Reliable collection in ASP.NET core RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to code  Native service fabric service using Reliable service and reliable actor in ASP.NET core. That I will be able to test the code with by windows dev box service fabric cluster and host the same in Service Fabric in Linux cluster.

The service fabric SDK that is installed with Visual studio provides facility to create only stateless (guest executable) service in .NET core. So please let us know how we can create a stateful service with ASP.NET core for Service Fabric?

Venkatesh. S|MCTS(WCF, ADO.NET 3.5)|eMail: heman_1978@hotmail.com

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 7:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• It is most likely that the feature is not yet available because features like Reliable Collection require much more effort to implement in .NET Core.

Frank

Monday, November 28, 2016 4:58 PM
  • We don't have a template for stateful ASP.NET Core services in Visual Studio, but it would look vey similar to the stateless version we do have. Here is an example stateful ASP.NET Core service:

https://github.com/Azure-Samples/service-fabric-dotnet-iot/tree/master/src/Iot.Tenant.DataService

Note that stateful services using Reliable Collections are currently not supported on Linux.

Monday, November 28, 2016 8:34 PM
  • Hi, 

My requirement is to try my hands on beta version of links vm based service fabric.  I have a window 10 pro machine. So how to I go about working on such scenario if asp.net core service fabric does not work on line vm based service fabric counter?

Venkatesh. S|MCTS(WCF, ADO.NET 3.5)|eMail: heman_1978@hotmail.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:55 AM
  • Has here been any indication on when Reliable Services and Reliable Actors will be available in .net core.  And, is it a priority if the date is in the future?
    Friday, November 17, 2017 11:38 PM