none
Nuget Package Manager slow when having own nuget server

Question

• Hi,

We just installed our own Nuget Server to store some internal libraries, and I added the server in the "Packages Sources". It's working fine.

But ever since I installed it, my Nuget Package Manager is really slow. It takes 40s to gather dependency for any package :

Attempting to gather dependency information for package 'mnailgun.1.0.0' with respect to project 'xxxx', targeting '.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1'
    Gathering dependency information took 40,01 sec
    Attempting to resolve dependencies for package 'mnailgun.1.0.0' with DependencyBehavior 'Lowest'
    Resolving dependency information took 0 ms
    Resolving actions to install package 'mnailgun.1.0.0'
    Resolved actions to install package 'mnailgun.1.0.0'
    Retrieving package 'mnailgun 1.0.0' from 'nuget.org'.
    Adding package 'mnailgun.1.0.0' to folder 'E:\xxxx\packages'
    Added package 'mnailgun.1.0.0' to folder 'E:\xxxx\packages'
    Added package 'mnailgun.1.0.0' to 'packages.config'
    Successfully installed 'mnailgun 1.0.0' to xxx
    Executing nuget actions took 1,09 sec
    ========== Finished ==========
    Time Elapsed: 00:00:41.6096674

From what I could gather with Fiddler, the Nuget Package Manager makes MORE THAN 250 calls to our nuget server to see if it has lots of packages (here is a sample) :

How can I disable this behavior? My Nuget Server is only for my packages, I don't need Visual Studio to check for all the packages of the world on it...

Thanks

Thursday, July 7, 2016 1:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Marien Monnier,

In Visual Studio, there has some settings for NuGet Package Manager under Tools -> Options -> NuGet Package Manager. These settings used to get the NuGet package from the sources added in the Available package sources list and we can set some settings when restore the packages. But there doesn't has such settings about disable it find all the packages of the world.

And based on below NuGet Config Settings document, I also don't find such settings. So I suggest you contact the NuGet Package Manager provider from its Contact sites to submit your idea for this issue. Then please share the feedback information here, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem. Thanks for your feedback for NuGet Package Manager and Visual Studio

https://docs.nuget.org/consume/nuget-config-settings

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 11, 2016 5:33 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

Thank you for your response.

I tried contacting them through GitHub : https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues/3107

We'll see how it goes.

Monday, July 11, 2016 7:31 AM
  • Hi Marien Monnier,

Thanks for your response and share your link here.

If any updates and help you resolve your problem, please mark your reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 1:01 AM