none
Problem installing 3rd party app RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems componetizing this app.  I put down Embedded image and FBA ran.  I installed this application and I receive the following error:  Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:  C:\Program\........exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way please contact the applications support team for more information.   I found an article on Microsoft with this error and it sayd the probem may occure when the veriosn of the msvcrt.dll file is earlier than 7.0.  When the application installs it does install version 6.0 of the msvcrt.dll.  in the system32 folder windows is using version 7.0.  So there are multiple versions of this dll.  I must be missing a component in TArget Designer to get this working.  Any ideas on what component I may be missing that will support having multiple dll's.
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:19 PM

All replies

•  

Have you use DependencyWalker to locate all the DLLs needed to run the application?

-Sean

Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:56 PM
  • Yes, I have used Dependency Walker and Component Hunter to find the component dependencies on all the Dll's, exe's this application uses.  This application installs fine on the full Windows XP Professional Application, so I must be missing some component.  This application installs an older version of msvcrt.dll (version 6).  Windows uses version 7.
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:14 PM