none
Microsoft Windows PCA 2010 RRS feed

• General discussion

• After we submit 2 HLC for our driver, we realize we get the 2 different certificate from Microsoft, one is issued by "Microsoft Windows PCA 2010", another one is issued by "Microsoft Windows Third Party Component CA 2012".

i had confirmed with Digicert, our digital signing can valid up to 10 year. but when we get the certificate issued by "Microsoft Window PCA 2010", it only valid 1 year or short. But if the certificate issued by "Microsoft Windows Third Party Component CA 2012", this certificate still can use event the valid date is expired, (Please refer to the attachment).

My question is, if we submit HCL to get the certification from Microsoft, we should no click " Perform test-signing for Win10 and above"? (Please see below image)

because if i click " Perform test-signing for Win10 and above", the certification will we get will issued by ""Microsoft Window PCA 2010" which is only can valid on short time.

Please tell me which one is a correct? if we provide the our driver with valid date only 1 year, this is a impact to our company.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020 10:46 AM

All replies

• I also met the same problem. Is there any way to solve it
    Thursday, November 12, 2020 5:24 AM
  • After we submit 2 HLC for our driver, we realize we get the 2 different certificate from Microsoft, one is issued by "Microsoft Windows PCA 2010", another one is issued by "Microsoft Windows Third Party Component CA 2012".

i had confirmed with Digicert, our digital signing can valid up to 10 year. but when we get the certificate issued by "Microsoft Window PCA 2010", it only valid 1 year or short. But if the certificate issued by "Microsoft Windows Third Party Component CA 2012", this certificate still can use event the valid date is expired, (Please refer to the attachment).

My question is, if we submit HCL to get the certification from Microsoft, we should no click " Perform test-signing for Win10 and above"? (Please see below image)

because if i click " Perform test-signing for Win10 and above", the certification will we get will issued by ""Microsoft Window PCA 2010" which is only can valid on short time.

Please tell me which one is a correct? if we provide the our driver with valid date only 1 year, this is a impact to our company.

You should only use the certificate issued by Microsoft Windows Third Party Component CA 2012, and Microsoft Windows PCA 2010 is the test certificate. The check box on the configuration page means to test in the latest win10 system or the previous system, then Microsoft Windows PCA 2010 is ok.Microsoft Windows Third Party Component CA 2012 if you should not check either in the formal environment.
    Thursday, November 12, 2020 8:51 AM