dynamic content to retrieve Invoked Pipeline Name from Execute Pipeline Activity RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to set up email notifications from ADF pipelines using Logic App.

The logic app works and I do receive the email. What I want to receive in the email is the name of the pipeline that fails and the pipeline that execute pipeline activity invokes as well as error message.

For example,

I have a pipeline called XYZ_Master, this pipeline has 3 Execute Pipeline Activities X, Y, and Z which invoke other pipelines pipelineX, pipelineY, and pipelineZ respectively. Email notification is set on fail run of X, Y, Z. So when there is a fail in the XYZ_Master I want to receive an email with PipelineName, ErrorMessage, and ErrorSuspect (failing invoked pipeline name)

Dynamic content for PipelineName is @{pipeline().Pipeline}  - returns XYZ_Master
    for ErrorMessage @{activity('X').Error.Message}  - returns the error message

for ErrorSuspect I have @{activity('X').output.referenceName} but get the following error  'activity('X').output.referenceName' cannot be evaluated because property 'referenceName' cannot be selected. Property selection is not supported on values of type 'String'."

Any ideas on how I can retrieve failing invoked pipeline name?

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Hanna,

You can get the child pipeline name using the following expression :

@{json(activity('X').Output).pipelineName}

Hope this helps.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Hanna,

You can get the child pipeline name using the following expression :

@{json(activity('X').Output).pipelineName}

Hope this helps.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:03 AM
  • Oh thanks so much! it finally works as expected!
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 4:06 PM
  • Glad to be of help Hanna :)
    Friday, June 28, 2019 4:19 AM