none
How to modify blog post layouts

Question

• Hi,

I wanted to tweak the blog post layouts which are default in the sp blog template.

I wanted i.e to have a webpart containing the latest 4 posts in a boxed style with a picture preview.

I tried looking for the boxed view layout configuration but could not find it neither via browser nor via sharepoint designer.

Does anybody know how to change it ? It's like a custom view with a custom CSS or a custom aspx ?

I googled around but could not find much info about it

Using SP2016 online

Thanks

• Edited by suoko Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:13 PM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:12 PM

All replies

• Hi suoko,

To customize the blog posts web part on default home page, we need to create/modify the list view of Posts list at first.

Go to Site contents > Posts list > Create a list view > Choose a view type. We can also choose “Custom View in SharePoint Designer” to create a new view for this list using SharePoint Designer.

After creating the list view, go to the home page > Edit Page > Edit the Posts Web Part > In the Posts Web Part Settings Page, click “Selected View” drop down list. > Select the view you want to display and click OK.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 13, 2017 4:44 AM