none
' can not load file System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, RRS feed

Answers

• System.Windows is not part of .NET Framework (you can verify: dir /S c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\System.Windows.dll).

Find out if the assembly exists, who published it and who uses it ... that might give you an answer. Useful thing might be fuslogvw.exe.

-Karel

• Marked as answer by SamAgain Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:50 AM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 8:12 AM
  • If you don't have Framework directory under Microsoft.NET, then you don't have any framework installed (even 3.5). Look harder, it will be there ... (dir %WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework)

Please follow the steps I suggested - find the binary on disk, find out where is it comming from and use fuslogvw.exe to troubleshoot. Without that I cannot help you.

-Karel

Friday, May 7, 2010 4:18 PM
  • Also it looks like your question is really about SilverLight (for that use http://forums.silverlight.net - you probably want SilverLight development tools forum). This forum is for desktop Framework, not for SilverLight or VS.

-Karel

Saturday, May 8, 2010 12:12 AM

All replies

• System.Windows is not part of .NET Framework (you can verify: dir /S c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\System.Windows.dll).

Find out if the assembly exists, who published it and who uses it ... that might give you an answer. Useful thing might be fuslogvw.exe.

-Karel

Thursday, May 6, 2010 8:12 AM
  • thanks for FYI.

The framework folder doesn't exist under Microsoft.Net

the Website worked fine before upgrading to VS 2010 and .net 4.0

I ran build..repaired problems with WMP Custom control and some warnings about function returns not returning a value on all code paths in some of my other controls.

ran a clean build and still  get an error looking for previous version of System.Windows assembly.

I hate to have to return to previous version  of .net framework 3.5.

any other thoughts or Ideas would be greatly appreciated...

thanks

Friday, May 7, 2010 1:51 PM
  • If you don't have Framework directory under Microsoft.NET, then you don't have any framework installed (even 3.5). Look harder, it will be there ... (dir %WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework)

Please follow the steps I suggested - find the binary on disk, find out where is it comming from and use fuslogvw.exe to troubleshoot. Without that I cannot help you.

-Karel

Friday, May 7, 2010 4:18 PM
  • I searched for System.Windows.dll.

For some reason all the .net framwork assemblies ended up in

%windir% \microsoft silverlight\4.0.50401.0

Can I copy contents of folder to %windir% \Microsoft.net\framework\

Friday, May 7, 2010 5:05 PM
  • System.Windows is a namespace (WPF/Silverlight). PresentationCore.dll and PresentationFramework.dll provide types in that namespace.

You said you upgraded to VS2010 and .NET 4.0, did you try re-buiding your website?

Also try the ASP.NET forums:
    http://forums.asp.net/

Friday, May 7, 2010 6:46 PM
  • Also it looks like your question is really about SilverLight (for that use http://forums.silverlight.net - you probably want SilverLight development tools forum). This forum is for desktop Framework, not for SilverLight or VS.

-Karel

Saturday, May 8, 2010 12:12 AM
  • Thanks everyone for your help.

I did a re-build on the website for .net 3.5 and all is well.

thanks again

• Proposed as answer by hfrmobile Friday, January 6, 2012 5:52 PM
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:06 PM
  • Just add reference of this dll System.Windows.Presentation.dll into your project as your project is asking for System.Windows.dll and it is a namespace which is contained in System.Windows.Presentation.dll.

Path for the dll is :

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Presentation\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089

I do have faced this problem, adding this to my project have solved this problem.

Thanks,

Ankur Bhutani

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:24 AM