Issue Swipe issue in GridView RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum,

I have list of images in a gridview. I have edited GridView template and removed scrollviewer from there because to scroll I will use Canvas and will scroll through manipulation events. 

Now issues is : Because through scrollviewer I can scroll till the last item of GridView and the last item of the GridView will always near the Right side of the screen. In my case I want to scroll the last Item to the left side having margin 320. To do this I have used Canvas control and set the Canvas.SetLeft property on manipulation events. But now the Bottom swipe for selection of item in GridView is not working and also not showing animation on bottom swipe. I found that this was happening due to the scrollviewer. How can I enable the swipe gesture with desired output ?

Dinesh Rawat Sr. Software Consultant Windows Phone-WinRT-Silverlight MCTS Silverlight

Thursday, November 14, 2013 12:00 PM

All replies

• You'll need either to put the scrollviewer back or to implement everything yourself. The GridView depends on the scrollviewer for manipulation.

I dont understand what you are trying to do with the replacement so I cant give specific advice on better ways to achieve that.

--Rob

Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:21 PM
  • Hi Rob,

I am trying this kind of scenario. Please see the attached images.

Dinesh Rawat Sr. Software Consultant Windows Phone-WinRT-Silverlight MCTS Silverlight

Friday, November 15, 2013 6:25 AM
  • The desired output is like this :

Friday, November 15, 2013 6:26 AM