none
Find out if an appointment was created over OWA or Outlook with EWS in c# RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

is there a way to find out from wich "client" OWA ot Outlook an appointment was created with EWS in c#?

I see that when an appointment was made over OWA the appointment.RequiredAttendees.Count does not include the organisator. If the appointment is made with Outlook, the organisator is included in the appointment.RequiredAttendees.Count.

I have an Exchange 2010 Server with SP3 RU7 and Outlook 2010.

Kind Regards

Ioannis Kyriakidis

Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:40 PM

Answers

• >> That means, that I can't determine the Client programaticaly over EWS with c#?

Not directly but you can use what I described above as a workaround but this type of workaround could still be problematic. If your problem is the appointment.RequiredAttendees.Count your maybe better just to enumerate the RequiredAttendees yourself and check if the Organizer is a part of them. That should work regardless of client or future upgrades.

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, December 15, 2014 4:18 AM

All replies

• There is no direct method of find that, what you can do is use on the extended properties to work it out eg if an appointment is created using Outlook then the PR_CURRENT_VERSION should be set with the version of the Outlook client used eg

If an appointment is created using OWA then this won't be set, you may want to have a look at the appointment yourself with a MAPI editor like OutlookSpy or MFCMapi to determine if these properties or other properties will help.

Cheers
    Glen

Friday, December 12, 2014 6:06 AM
  • Hello Glen,

thank you for you're answer.

That means, that I can't determine the Client programaticaly over EWS with c#?

I am writing a program with c# and the EWS API 2.0, which gets the appointment.RequiredAttendees.Count.

Our Users are usind Outllok and OWA.

Kind Regards

Ioannis Kyriakidis

Friday, December 12, 2014 8:32 AM
  • >> That means, that I can't determine the Client programaticaly over EWS with c#?

Not directly but you can use what I described above as a workaround but this type of workaround could still be problematic. If your problem is the appointment.RequiredAttendees.Count your maybe better just to enumerate the RequiredAttendees yourself and check if the Organizer is a part of them. That should work regardless of client or future upgrades.

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, December 15, 2014 4:18 AM