none
Practical test sample for Side-by-side Assemblies RRS feed

• Question

• I'm reading documents about side-by-side Assemblies but couldn't figure it out.

Can anybody provide some practical sample for me to try?

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeff0803,

Thanks for the feedback.

There are a few tallk about Side-by-side assemblies used by VB6 or VC++6 online. Therefore, I am not not sure if it is correct. However, I find the following link may be helpful for you, you could look at it.

VB6 compile against side-by-side assembly

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 16, 2019 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeff0803,

Thank you for posting here.

If you want to know how this work in .net Framework, you could refer to Side-by-Side Execution in the .NET Framework.

If you want to know how to use Side-by-side Assemblies, you could refer to Using Side-by-side Assemblies.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Jeff0803 Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:09 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jeff0803 Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:09 PM
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:57 AM
  • Is the Side-by-side assemblies used just when the client is made by .NET frame work?

If the client side is made by VB6 or VC++6, can't use, is it correct?

Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:09 PM
  • Hi Jeff0803,

Thanks for the feedback.

There are a few tallk about Side-by-side assemblies used by VB6 or VC++6 online. Therefore, I am not not sure if it is correct. However, I find the following link may be helpful for you, you could look at it.

VB6 compile against side-by-side assembly

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Friday, August 16, 2019 1:35 AM