High Level Design document to Low Level Design docuemnt RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have created HLD and LLD docuemnts in past for my projects.

But was curious that what is purpose of it ?

how many types of documents are there ...is there any templates online to reffers?

can any budy explain me what are steps in software development and what are importance of docuemnts in there ?

also can some one tell me what does mean of UC to LLD (Low Level Design Document) ?

Thanks.....

Thanks and Regards, Nilesh Thakur.

Friday, June 7, 2013 9:34 AM

Answers

• This is a loaded question. IMO it really depends on the ROI for the specific project you are working on. E.g. if you want to create a project based on a simple MS Access Form then your only docs might be a brief note, whereas if you are writing the software to automate the flying of an airliner then that would not suffice. More practically, for general software development I prefer an approach of using high level design to flesh out the overall requirements, I would recommend looking at Behaviour Driven Design to help with that. Then I would move onto to using something like SpecFlow to create executable documentation. If you feel the complexity of the problem requires addition 'throw away' documents then create them but be careful in storing these documents since they are likely to be out-of-date almost as soon as you save them.

http://pauliom.wordpress.com

• Edited by pkr2000 Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nitin Surya Monday, June 10, 2013 12:45 PM
    Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:08 AM