none
Hours availability of meeting rooms RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm developing a Xamarin app will connect to exchange server and I have a question. this app shows information about rooms, in order to reserve it. But I need to know hours that each room is available. How can I get this information from exchange server? I'm searching it in the API but this information isn't available, so, what steps should I do in order to get the information that I need?

Thanks you

Friday, July 1, 2016 2:03 PM

Answers

• It depends what you mean ? eg do you mean that you want to know when in it available based on the meeting that have been booked then use GetUserAvailiiblity https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/hh532567(v=exchg.80).aspx or just query the Calendar . Or do you just want to know the working hours of the Meeting Room for that you would need to query the Configuration object in the Room Mailbox for the Workhours config eg

FolderId CalendarFolderId = new FolderId(Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.WellKnownFolderName.Calendar, "user@domain.com");
                UserConfiguration usrConfig = UserConfiguration.Bind(service, "WorkHours", CalendarFolderId, UserConfigurationProperties.All);
                XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
                xmlDoc.Load(new MemoryStream(usrConfig.XmlData));
                XmlNodeList nlList = xmlDoc.GetElementsByTagName("WorkHoursVersion1");
                XmlNode WhNodes = nlList.Item(0);
                for (Int32 nc = 0; nc < WhNodes.ChildNodes.Count; nc++) 
                {
                    XmlNode Node = WhNodes.ChildNodes.Item(nc);
                    Console.WriteLine(Node.Name); ;
                    Console.WriteLine(Node.InnerText);
                }

• Marked as answer by cansado293 Friday, July 8, 2016 10:25 PM
    Monday, July 4, 2016 4:47 AM