List with around 100 fields...looking for elegant form solutions RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list that has around 100 fields. I am looking for form solution to present all the fields in an elegant way. I was going to use jQueryUI tab for the forms using DFWP but got an error as I found that if XSLT transformation takes longer than 1 second than SP throws an error.  

Here are the details for this issue and some possible resolution: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepoint2010customization/thread/11a8b7c7-6bdd-485e-a8c6-083896cf6f83

I just wanna know if there are any other possible solutions. I am not looking for InfoPath solutions as it has a lot of limitations. I am also not really looking for VS solutions..but they are welcome if it makes more sense. 

My second part issue is, once the list item is created I want to keep track of certain fields. Let's say there is a field called 'Meeting date', and I want to save the history of 'Meeting date' for particular list item. For example, let assume when item is created 'Meeting date' is 4/7/2010 and someone updated to 5/4/2012 and than finally to 6/2/2012. Now I would like to able to save all these modifications and finally might want to make a report out of it. I have around 20 fields that I want to keep track of. 

If anyone has done similar or have any ideas please let me know. I would really for appreciate all/any help. 

Friday, April 13, 2012 5:38 AM

Answers

All replies