[UWP] Problem activating Xbox One for UWP development RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to setup my Xbox One for development mode. I have followed all the instructions, installed the dev mode app on the Xbox, started it up and it generated a activation code. On my PC I log into my developer account and go to https://developer.microsoft.com/xboxactivate. When I press the Enter Activation Code button nothing happens. I was expecting a form to show where I would enter a code. I tried using a different PC and also Chrome, rather than Edge. I am still not able to activate developer mode for my Xbox.
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:59 AM

Answers

• The UI has been updated. Thank you for your patience as well as posting the workaround.

The fix has been deployed. Please let us know if you experience any other issues and apologies again.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:32 AM

All replies

• button "Enter activation code" in Manage Xbox One consoles doesn't works
    I mean the page 
    https://developer.microsoft.com/xboxactivate

cannot enter code generated by console in the step “Set up UWP Developer Mode on your Xbox one”

the same problem was already registered (cannot add link) and now is back

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:39 PM
  • button "Enter activation code" in Manage Xbox One consoles doesn't works
    I mean the page 
    https://developer.microsoft.com/xboxactivate

cannot enter code generated by console in the step “Set up UWP Developer Mode on your Xbox one”

the same problem was already registered (cannot add link) and now is back

Same issue for me.  Tried in several browsers, still nothing.
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:01 PM
  • Still having very similar issue now.

The Enter activation code button no longer does anything at all... doesn't popup modal or anything.

It's bugged.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:08 PM
  • At least I'm not the only one experiencing this right now.
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:05 PM
  • I am also having the same problem,  Clicking the button does nothing.
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:06 PM
  • So If you goto https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/XboxDevices and try to click on the Enter Activation Code button........ nothing happens. When I inspect the button "element" using the Edge developer tools, I get a " The Requested element is no longer attached to the DOM". Now i paid for an xbox one developer license for my console, however because this link is broken i cant register my xbox one. Ive called so many support and they give me the run around and idk wut else to do!!! its not a user error its a webpage error, i can duplicate it on 3 pcs using 4 diff browsers!!
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 11:36 PM
  • Hi All,

I have reported this Xbox activation issue in our internal channel. If there is any update, I will post it here. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
    David

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 6:59 AM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I am very sorry for the inconvenient that caused for you. I have reported this issue to the related team, once there is any update. I will post it here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:24 AM
  • Everything is working now.

We are terribly sorry this happened. The UI was updated Tuesday night, but browsers cached the old UI causing the button not to work. If you are still experiencing the issue, you can either use InPrivate browsing or clear your browser cache and you'll get the new page. By now, your browser may have naturally cleared it's cache and will show you the correct page.

Thank you,

Gersh

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:32 PM
  • I tried registering my Xbox again this morning using an InPrivate session and the problem still persists. 
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:45 PM
  • Do you see the new UI? It should have an "Advanced" section that you can click "show options" on and see IP range UI. If you click show options, you'll see an "Activate by IP range" section. That is how you'll know your browser does not have the old cached page.

Thank you,

Gersh

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:15 PM
  • The javalink or wutever it is, is broken. Its not a caching issue. I can reproduce still on 3 computers and 4 diferent browsers wether private or not........

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:23 PM
  • Thank you for letting us know.

Do you see the new UI? There is an "advanced" section (this information is important because we are not able to reproduce the issue on machines locally).

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:25 PM
  • New UI for Edge? or the actual page sir? Because its the same as before. I can do a teamviewer or a goto meeting so you can see me duplicate it and how i get it to actually show in the inspect tool
    • Edited by ak74fu2h8r Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:36 PM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:33 PM
  • same and it seems they cant reproduce it which means now its a lost cause to them. What a waste of money and such poor support for this stuff.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:54 PM
  • Thank you for letting us know.

Do you see the new UI? There is an "advanced" section (this information is important because we are not able to reproduce the issue on machines locally).

I am not seeing this new UI. I tested with an InPrivate session and it is the same as before.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:02 PM
  • Thank you. We just found a machine locally where we can repro. We are currently investigating.

Thank you,

Gersh

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:20 PM
  • ok awesome glad your able to reproduce. I honestly believe its in the webpage coding. i can live edit the webapge and make it pop up but because im editing it live, i cant use the buttons as commands. if you need anything lettme kno im pretty tech savy

• Edited by ak74fu2h8r Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:43 PM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:43 PM
  • We lost our repro, but are have confirmed cached pages were getting served to some browsers (we can tell because the new pages have additional UI). We are still working on updated pages for everyone.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:02 PM
  • I wanted to add, the reason we lost the repro was because that browser is getting the new pages now.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:04 PM
  • how tho? ive default setting my internet browser.... and still nothing. Not inprivate, chrome incognito, mozilla firefox, opera browser. nothing works i dont understand how its a browser issue.....
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:27 PM
  • Hi All,

I have reported this Xbox activation issue in our internal channel. If there is any update, I will post it here. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
    David

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Is there no way to do this through Visual Studio or something?
    Is this just not a priority because it's not a commonly used way to activate an xbox for dev mode?
    Seems odd considering the Xbox Dev Mode app on the Xbox actually refers you to this link but if there is an alternate way I'd love to get started.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:43 PM
  • FYI, to anyone trying to get around this...

I opened up Chrome Dev Tools and removed the hidden class from the div that contains the activation modal and it seems to have worked.

• Proposed as answer by ak74fu2h8r Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:25 PM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:48 PM
  • In the mean time is there any way for you guys to maually add console info to register it into my account? Ive got a team im paying to help me and not having this is costing me money....... is there a workaround? thnx in advance
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:49 PM
  • Sorry for the delay, we're working on this now. Because console has to get activated under your account it is best for you to do it.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:51 PM
  • FYI, to anyone trying to get around this...

I opened up Chrome Dev Tools and removed the hidden class from the div that contains the activation modal and it seems to have worked.

Your sir are a genious. Props and Kudos for your quick fix!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:25 PM
  • Update - We have root caused the issue and are working to fix it.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:28 PM
  • The issue has already been found by the user above. You need to remove 'hidden' from the html for the popup box.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:09 PM
  • Hi Jim,

I have reported this issue to related team, and I will update here if I get any reply.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:14 AM
  • The UI has been updated. Thank you for your patience as well as posting the workaround.

The fix has been deployed. Please let us know if you experience any other issues and apologies again.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:32 AM

Yes, it's working now. Thank you for getting this resolved.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:09 AM
  • thanks
    now works fine
    Kris

Friday, March 17, 2017 7:32 PM