none
How to erase annotation on powerpoint current slide? RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to delete annotation from the all slide using following code.

presentation.SlideShowWindow.View.EraseDrawing();

this method delete annotation from all the slides. how can i delete annotation only from current slide..

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Actually i want to delete the free hand drawing from slide drawn by user using Microsoft powerpoint pen.<<

Did you work on the Windows tablet? Did you want to delete the lines drawn? As far as I know, there is no such method we can delete the lines draw in a specific slide.

As a workaround, you can create a new presentation and copy the slide you which you want to delete the lines drawn on and past it to the new presentation and then delete the lines drawn in the new presentation. At last you can copy the slide back to the first presentation.

Hope it is helpful.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss WPF.

So I have moved this thread to Office Dev forum for better response.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Franklin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:25 AM
  • Hi,

We can set AnimationSettings.Animate to determine whether the specified shape is animated during a slide show. In this case, we need to loop all shapes on the slide you want to and then set the AnimationSettings.Animate of shape to false to clear the animation.

Here is a sample using VBA for your reference:

Sub ClearAnimations()

Application.ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes(1).AnimationSettings.Animate = msoFalse

End Sub

Best regards

Fei

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:31 AM
  • Helllo Thanks for reply,

but this is not working. this code is not able to delete the annotation on slide.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the mistake, the property should set to msoFalse. Here is the code loop all shapes on slide 1 for your reference :

Sub ClearAnimations()

For Each aShape In Application.ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes
        aShape.AnimationSettings.Animate = msoFalse
    Next aShape

End Sub

Best regards

Fei

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:02 AM
  • I have tried that but still its not able to delete annotation on slide.

Actually i want to delete the free hand drawing from slide drawn by user using Microsoft powerpoint pen.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

>>Actually i want to delete the free hand drawing from slide drawn by user using Microsoft powerpoint pen.<<

Did you work on the Windows tablet? Did you want to delete the lines drawn? As far as I know, there is no such method we can delete the lines draw in a specific slide.

As a workaround, you can create a new presentation and copy the slide you which you want to delete the lines drawn on and past it to the new presentation and then delete the lines drawn in the new presentation. At last you can copy the slide back to the first presentation.

Hope it is helpful.

Best regards

Fei

Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:39 AM