Looking for OneTouch Ultra 2 Glucometer Notes in BloodGlucose Offline Result RRS feed

• Question

• In getting the result of Microsoft.Health.ItemTypes.BloodGlucose readings for a patient/record, I can't seam to see the notes that were selected by the user at the time of a reading at the device itself. These readings were uploaded from a OneTouch Ultra 2 into Connection Center. For example: If I add a set of Notes in HealthVault after the fact, they show up under readingsResult[i].CommonData.Note. But if I select "Feeling Hypo" or "Ate too much" or "Just woke up" from the glucometer, I can't seam to find that note in the uploaded data. It's not even accessible from the HealthVault front-end.

I'm getting all kinds of good and important data from the upload of this data like blood sugar(readingsResult[i].Value.DisplayValue) and measurement context values like "After meal" and "Other" (readingsResult[i].MeasurementContext.Text). I would have thought that the data I'm looking for would be found in MeasurementContext but it seams not.

Any help on this topic would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
    Friday, January 2, 2009 5:18 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi Brian,

The HealthVault platform enables device manufacutrers to record more data than what HealthVault supports in the common APIs.  You can access this extended data by diving into data uploaded by the device.  Below is a blog post that provides example source code for you to access the additional information from the device.

http://blogs.msdn.com/healthvault_devices/archive/2008/10/17/what-happened-to-the-wpd-data-in-the-thing-type-with-hvcc-v2.aspx

-Rocky

Monday, January 5, 2009 9:45 PM
  • This is a great response. Thank you Rocky. Does anyone have any tips for deserializing this into an object? I know there's another thread similar to this where they discuss it but I think it is in a very different context: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/healthvault/thread/31f92f87-e863-4b70-9684-b4dae761cf76/

This should probably create some kind of a WPD (Windows Portable Device) object with a collection of PortableDeviceValues in it. I stumbled on some WPD documentation. Does this mean I would have to download an API and work with that? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms740786.aspx. This one seams to lead in circles.

I could read through the XML and do it myself into some value objects but somehow I think I'll be hacking a solution...
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:15 PM
  •  There is no current solutions to deserialize the WPD data into individual objects since the XML included is a representation of the data provided by the device. 

You can download the DDK from msdn.com/healthvault to determine the specific objects that you are interested in and extract the necessary objects from the XML stream.

The WPD API's that you mentioned are designed for PC drivers and do not apply to parsing the XML string containing the WPD properties and values.  However, the documentation would provide some insight in which specific GUIDs to extract for your application.

-Rocky
    Friday, January 16, 2009 11:06 PM