My Store apps turns to "App" which can no longer be opened RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I develop an app named "phone companion" , but one day, when I restart my computer the app name changes to 'App', and the app can no longer be launched. when I click the app tile, a popup appears which says "the app can't open", when I click on the popup, it leads to windows store, but the store shows "this app isn't available for your pc."

I don't know what happened, and i also re-new my developer license ,but it did not help.

So help to check why ? (for more info , check the screenshot, the one named "App" with badge info "99+" is my app.)

(More info : My store app is build on Windows 8 + VS 2012, and installed on Windwos 8.1)

"

programmer

Friday, January 17, 2014 2:54 AM

Answers

• Have you deployed this app to your computer directly from Visual Studio or installed it from the store?

Sometimes when you deploy apps from Visual Studio things can happen, especially if you are working on other apps and deploying them. Sometimes I find I need to uninstall my apps and redeploy them.

Just try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Friday, January 17, 2014 5:26 AM
  • Hi strongpan,

There is a big chance that win8.0 app cannot prefect run with win8.1, when I migrate my OS from 8.0 to 8.1 the same thing happens, lots of apps I installed cannot be opened. What I've done is to uninstall that app and install again. I don't know the reason neither, it's also out of this forum scope.

By the way, I would suggest you to ask this question at: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1?tab=Threads, for using windows issue they could provide better suggestion than here.

Thanks and best regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:39 AM

All replies

• add more screenshot: after click the App :

programmer

Friday, January 17, 2014 3:00 AM
  • Have you deployed this app to your computer directly from Visual Studio or installed it from the store?

Sometimes when you deploy apps from Visual Studio things can happen, especially if you are working on other apps and deploying them. Sometimes I find I need to uninstall my apps and redeploy them.

Just try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Friday, January 17, 2014 5:26 AM
  • hello,i build my app using visual studio , and then deploy the app in another machine.

uninstall & re-install can solve the issue,

but i still don't know the root cause.

our PA may not accept re-install as a solution.

Can any one HELP to find the root cause ?

programmer

Friday, January 17, 2014 8:29 AM
  • Hi strongpan,

There is a big chance that win8.0 app cannot prefect run with win8.1, when I migrate my OS from 8.0 to 8.1 the same thing happens, lots of apps I installed cannot be opened. What I've done is to uninstall that app and install again. I don't know the reason neither, it's also out of this forum scope.

By the way, I would suggest you to ask this question at: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1?tab=Threads, for using windows issue they could provide better suggestion than here.

Thanks and best regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:39 AM