Upon closing device manager, 8 freezes and refuses to boot back up

General discussion

• This happened right after i updated my biometric device and PCI Card Reader
    I love testing out very buggy systems. Favorite OS: Windows Whistler. Consoles: Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Gamecube, PC
    Friday, September 16, 2011 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hey Oracle Blue Fox, did you update both devices at once?  Try one device at a time to see if one is causing problems so we can eliminate one.

Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Friday, September 16, 2011 7:16 PM
  • Hey Oracle Blue Fox, did you update both devices at once?  Try one device at a time to see if one is causing problems so we can eliminate one.

I updated each device at a time. Update one, restart, update the other. After the problem happened i booted up into 7 and ran a error check. it fixed 2 errors (one being the Bootloader) and the other one a driver or some windows file. Tried again and it still didnt boot up. Just did a re-install again. Could it be that i was searching for drivers using my windows 7 partition?
    I love testing out very buggy systems. Favorite OS: Windows Whistler. Consoles: Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Gamecube, PC
    Friday, September 16, 2011 7:21 PM
  • Hard to tell, what was the driver/file you were getting the error on?  A majority of the issues with devices I have run across are due to drivers not working correctly with the new OS.  I have been able to get many Windows 7 drivers to function with Windows Developer Preview, but sometimes they just dont. 
    Friday, September 16, 2011 7:27 PM