Sideloading and OneDrive/Outlook

Question

• Hi,
    for our company we want provide several Windows tablets to our workers, and everyone will logon with his personal account of the domain. Everyone has an Exchange mail account, managed by Outlook. Now we are also setting up a system of shared and personal OneDrive directories for the nework.

Our goal is to build a Windows store app (a Universal app that runs on Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1) that is able to:

• Access and manage the user's OneDrive folder and Outlook calendar, in app.
    • Access and manage the public OneDrive folders and Outlook calendars, in app.
      (e.g. the user A can add an event in the public calendar of user B)
      (e.g. the user A can read a file in the shared OneDrive folder "ITShared")

Our application will be deployed with sideloading and not through the Windows Store.

Our doubts are:

• The application that access he OneDrive API must be published to Windows Store or we can perform the sideloading?
    • A User can access other users' public OneDrive directories from a Windows Store app?

Thanks for the attention
    I hope you will answer soon,

best regards

Friday, September 05, 2014 7:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Luca - your sideloaded app will be able to use *any* Microsoft API available via brokered components:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn630195.aspx

However, be sure that you get sideloading licenses for your app so you don't have to reinstall every 30 days.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, September 05, 2014 4:54 PM