none
net framework installation RRS feed

• General discussion

• I down loaded and tried to install netframework 3.5 service pack 1 . When I double clicked on intall, it started and in a very quick few seconds, it stopped.  Could someone please tell me what to check and correct and that the installation will complete.
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Friday, June 12, 2009 2:45 AM Do not follow up
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 12:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To be able to help you further we would need some more details. Can you please follow the instructions at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/d941f4fb-b64a-4172-9c8a-341b7789c4b4 and share the details/logs with us?

Thanks,
    Kanchan
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 9:20 AM
  • Thank you for Kanchan's kindly help.

Hi Carl739,

More clarification with you. What's your OS?

As Kanchan mentioned, log files are required for further troubleshooting.

For your better understanding the steps of collecting the log files, I try summarizing the steps as the following:

- Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    - Use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from your "%temp%" folder
      Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Upload your log files (You can try using SkyDrive for uploading) and post the link back here

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:26 AM typo
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:19 AM
  • Hi Carl739,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 2:45 AM