Windows 8 Developer Preview Install Failed Error 0x80070570

Question

• i just downloaded the windows 8 dev preview from microsoft, burnt it in my 4.7 gb DVD , and tried installling it in drive E ( where 58 gb is still free and the rest are videogames )

"Windows cannot install the required files . The file may be corrupt or missing.Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation

ERROR CODE: 0x80070570"

so people , any ideas why? i guess the download can never be corrupted and it too burnt sucessfully!

maybe there's some other problem.

and my pc's more than capable of running it

Radeon 5750 3 gb

Ram 6 Gb DDRIII

Core i7 2.8ghz

Win 7 64 ultimate (currently using)

thanx.

------------Edit 1------------------------------------------------------------------

i just checked the hash file of my ISO and it was

SHA-1 : 1927CC2176BFDE45C9048177FCA98F08AD87AA47

what was the original hash of the iso again?? i guess it's the only way i could verify if the iso was corrupt or not.

please tell me the original hash of the ISO.

Thanx

------------------Edit2-------------------------------------------------------------

i also tried it installing from my current win 7 , the installation was slightly different now than it was when i tried it from the boot, though this also had failed and this was the message

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/7192b][img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/7192b.jpg

anyone with a possible solution? i need to get my hands on windows 8 !

---------------------------

Saturday, December 3, 2011 8:16 AM

Answers

• Omar:

You may be suffering from the same problem I have.

I too have a RadeonHD card, mine is a 4850HD, there apparently are no drivers included in the iso for this group of cards.

I received a few days ago an email from ATI that ATI has now produced drivers and released them to Microsoft for Win8 to cover all of the Radeon family.

As of yet the program developers have not included those drivers in the current iso release.

still waiting..........waiting.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 4:46 PM

All replies

• Install Windows Developer from boot CD and not on windows 7 (sorry por my bad english)
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 10:41 AM
  • yea, tried but failed.

anyone?

Saturday, December 3, 2011 11:29 AM
  • i guess the download can never be corrupted and it too burnt sucessfully!

FWIW I had a good download but (apparently) a bad burn.   I can't remember which burning software I used or if there was a verification feature on it.   (I sort of suspect that I first used that and then tried one without it just to have one that finished.  <w>)

In any case, see Steven's tip for an example of that.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, December 3, 2011 1:21 PM
  • Hi Omar1131,

Please use the Windows Disk Image Burner on your Windows7 to burn to disk for the downloaded WDP iso file and don't fail to select the box, Verify disk after burning. If you fail to install WDP yet again, download the WDP only from the link given below and burn another disk, using the same Windows disk burning software:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516

Here I am only simplifying the Steven's tip given by Robert, above, to make it easier for you.

Irfan

• Edited by Irfanfare Sunday, December 4, 2011 1:45 AM to complete the reply
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 6:29 PM
  • tried everything

failed!

gotta redownload i guess

anyone with some alternate solution?

Sunday, December 4, 2011 12:33 PM
  • Omar:

You may be suffering from the same problem I have.

I too have a RadeonHD card, mine is a 4850HD, there apparently are no drivers included in the iso for this group of cards.

I received a few days ago an email from ATI that ATI has now produced drivers and released them to Microsoft for Win8 to cover all of the Radeon family.

As of yet the program developers have not included those drivers in the current iso release.

still waiting..........waiting.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Thanks RangerXLT,

these drivers are also available for download by the users at the ATI site.

Irfan
    • Edited by Irfanfare Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:25 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:23 AM
  • Thanks RangerXLT,

these drivers are also available for download by the users at the ATI site.

Irfan

True, but, these are only useful to those who have the op/sys already installed & want to upgrade their current drivers. How do you & I slipstream them into the install dvd so the iso will install for those who can't get it to install because there are no drivers included for their graphics card??

That's the problem as it stands for me right now. 7Lite does not work with Win8.

Saturday, December 10, 2011 5:41 AM
  •  

True, but, these are only useful to those who have the op/sys already installed & want to upgrade their current drivers. How do you & I slipstream them into the install dvd so the iso will install for those who can't get it to install because there are no drivers included for their graphics card??

That's the problem as it stands for me right now. 7Lite does not work with Win8.

Hi RangerXLT,

AMD released the WDP drivers on 11/25/2011, how can one expect Microsoft to have included them WDP iso released on 9/13/2011 ? I do not expect preview installers to be naive enough to be unable to find and install a driver that's available on the vendor's site. Microsoft provides Basic Display Driver for basic functionality when none is available.

Irfan
    • Edited by Irfanfare Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:26 AM to complete
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:19 AM