none
Unable to create any VSTO projects - Project Creation Failed - 0x80010105 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I've been trying to create an Excel VSTO Template project for two days and have had zero success.  I have Visual Studio Enterprise Edition, Excel 2013 and no matter what I try, I keep getting the same error.

Steps:

1. Create a new project

2. Select Office/SharePoint->VSTO Add-Ins->Excel 2013 and 2016 VSTO Template

3. Dialog pops up to select a template to use with this application

4. Select Crate a new Template

5. Select Excel Macro-Enabled Template (*.xltm)

6. Hit the Ok button

I get the following error down in the bottom left notification bar: Project Creation Failed and I get a dialog that says: The Server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (PRC_E_SERVERFAULT))

I installed Update 2 of the Office Tools to try and help remedy this issue to no avail.  Can someone please help me so I create my project.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Friday, December 23, 2016 3:56 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately,  recent update causes the issue that we are unable to create the document-level customization for Excel using 15.0.4885.1000.

But it is fine in 15.0.4867.1003. If possible, I suggest you use command line:

officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=15.0.4867.1003 to revert the earlier version based on the KB: How to revert to an earlier version of Office 2013 or Office 2016 Click-to-Run.

If you still get the same error, please let me know.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by craig42009 Tuesday, December 27, 2016 2:44 PM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 11:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is your specific version?

Do you get the error like:

If so,to work around, I suggest you follow the link below to revert to an earlier version.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2770432

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 26, 2016 10:13 AM
  • Celeste,

Thank you for your reply.  My version of Excel is, 15.0.4885.1000.  I was going to try and rollback the version but I don't have that option.  I'll have to speak with the IT guys to see if I can get permission to try that.  The error I get is:

Thanks again for your assistance, this is driving me crazy.

Craig

Monday, December 26, 2016 3:26 PM
  • Unfortunately,  recent update causes the issue that we are unable to create the document-level customization for Excel using 15.0.4885.1000.

But it is fine in 15.0.4867.1003. If possible, I suggest you use command line:

officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=15.0.4867.1003 to revert the earlier version based on the KB: How to revert to an earlier version of Office 2013 or Office 2016 Click-to-Run.

If you still get the same error, please let me know.

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by craig42009 Tuesday, December 27, 2016 2:44 PM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 11:35 AM
  • Thank you Celeste, that worked :).
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 2:44 PM