none
WDDM driver to fake hardware RRS feed

• Question

• I have a virtual display adapter and a virtual monitor driver installed, but the virtual monitor is disabled because the hardware isn't connected (error code 45 in Computer Management --> Device Manager). Is there any way to trick the machine into thinking something is plugged in? I'm using Windows 10, by the way.

The bigger problem I'm trying to solve is that if no monitor is plugged in, the NVIDIA GPU stops working. I can remotely access the machine and would like the GPU to still work so that I can see the virtual screen on the client machine. I don't want to use anything that streams the desktop over, because I'm handling that myself. Instead, if I could trick the machine into thinking there was something plugged in, the virtual monitor would be enabled and the GPU would work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 4:03 AM

Answers

• This won’t work. You can’t create a monitor that will force the gpu to render. If it gets started, the gpu will have no idea it is there

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:23 PM