Content repository like JSR-170 in .net? RRS feed

• Question

• User-346995445 posted

Hi there,

From the java world I am familiar with the java content repository as a standard, implementation independent way to access content bi-directionally on a granular level. (It's basically a standard for content repositories for content management systems, or as they call it "a high-level information management system that is a superset of traditional data repositories, [which] implements 'content services' such as: author based versioning, full textual searching, fine grained access control, content categorization and content event monitoring.")

I was wondering if such a specification exists in the .net universe, or if anybody has developed an implementation API for .net of the java content repository.

Cheers,
    Matthias :)

Saturday, January 5, 2008 1:25 PM

Answers

• User437720957 posted

No, there is no such specification in the .NET universe. In fact, there is currently no real movement in the common interface specification area for .NET.

There are of course content repositories for .NET, and the most famous is perhaps MS SharePoint. Not everyone would call it a content repository, but it sure can act like one if you want it to. There would be no real point in implementing JSR-170 in .NET, since it is so tied to Java, but it could be interesting to be able to connect to JCR repositories from .NET. I believe there is .NET contrib project for Apache JackRabbit, with such connections in mind.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:28 PM

All replies

• User437720957 posted

No, there is no such specification in the .NET universe. In fact, there is currently no real movement in the common interface specification area for .NET.

There are of course content repositories for .NET, and the most famous is perhaps MS SharePoint. Not everyone would call it a content repository, but it sure can act like one if you want it to. There would be no real point in implementing JSR-170 in .NET, since it is so tied to Java, but it could be interesting to be able to connect to JCR repositories from .NET. I believe there is .NET contrib project for Apache JackRabbit, with such connections in mind.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:28 PM
  • User-1582488711 posted

On the 1st of October, Sense/Net has released the first beta of Sense/Net 6.0 - an open source enterprise grade ECMS & EPS for .NET. There is a content repository called Portal File System in that, written in C#, based on MSSQL. It is similar to JSR 170. I would be very happy to read your opinion in our forum. Download: http://www.sensenet.hu/download

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:06 PM