none
How to get the Specific User Calender using Exchnage server web services RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I want to get Perticular User Calender entries from Exchnage Server 2010. I am able to read the default User Calender(username passing in network credentials). But this is admin account. I want to read the other users calender appointments.

Autodiscovery is not working for me . It is giving "The Autodiscover service couldn't be located" error message.

service.AutodiscoverUrl(emaill@mydomain, ValidateRedirectionUrlCallback);

Please suggest me the solution. IS Autodiscovery mandatory to get the user specific details? If yes, how to set the Autodiscovery in my exchnage server.

Thanks

Venkat

Friday, December 2, 2011 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

AutoDiscover is not mandatory. It just helps you to find the correct server. If it fails, it could be for numerous reasons, number one being that it's not configured. Another reason could be that you don't have set your credentials.

to open another users calendar, you would use something like this:

var folder = Folder.Bind(service, new FolderId(WellKnownFolderName.Calendar,
    new Mailbox("someone@contoso.local")));

Kind regards,
    Henning

If you get your question answered, please come back and mark the reply as an answer.
    If you are helped by an answer to someone else's question, please mark it as helpful.

Friday, December 2, 2011 6:58 AM
  • Thanks Henning Krause.

I am getting "The primary SMTP address must be specified when referencing a mailbox" error when I tried by passing mailbox

var folder = Folder.Bind(service, new FolderId(WellKnownFolderName.Calendar,
    new Mailbox(someone@contoso.local)));

Thanks

Venkat

Friday, December 2, 2011 7:59 AM
  • This means that you are not using the primary email address for the autodiscover service.

The primary mail address is the one used as sender on mails you sent to other people.

Kind regards,
    Henning

If you get your question answered, please come back and mark the reply as an answer.
    If you are helped by an answer to someone else's question, please mark it as helpful.

Friday, December 2, 2011 10:15 AM