none
When creating an AppendBlob I can't see it - 409 conflict

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to use the new AppendBlob

This is my code:

CloudAppendBlob appendBlob = container.GetAppendBlobReference("MyDir/MyKey");
                if (!appendBlob.Exists())
                {
                    appendBlob.CreateOrReplace();
                }
                return appendBlob.AppendTextAsync("someText");

If I do DownloadText on the given reference I see the text I put in.

But if I go to the portal to see the blob I get "Cannot load management data for the current view."

And if i  try to use the storage explorer I get "The remote server returned an error: (409) Conflict."

Can you explain these errors to me and how to resolve them?

Thanks,

Amir

Monday, August 17, 2015 10:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Amir0,

Thanks for posting here.

It looks to be a temporary issue, request you to check after some time and share the status.

Girish Prajwal

Monday, August 17, 2015 3:46 PM
  • I just checked again, still get the same message in the azure portal.

Thanks,

Amir

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:45 AM
  • Hi Amir0,

I think your question has been answered by Gaurav here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32049198/when-creating-an-azure-storage-appendblob-i-cant-see-it-in-portal-storage-explo

Best Regards,

Zhaoxing Lu

Thursday, August 20, 2015 11:36 PM
  • Hi,

I am aware of that thread as I asked that question as well.

Gaurav did in fact explain why the storage explorer wasn't working. It's acceptable if a freeware third party tool is not up to date.

However, if Microsoft releases a new kind of blob it is a huge bug if it causes the OFFICIAL management portal to not support it.

When can we expect the management portal to support append blobs?

Thanks,

Amir

Sunday, August 23, 2015 9:41 AM
  • At the moment azure portal does not support AppendBlob. We will enable that in the near future.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:34 PM
  • Hello Amir,

I am having issues with the AppendTextAsync method too, but not quite the same as you. My problem is the AppendTextAsync method overwrites my data, rather than appends text to it. AppendText (no async) is fine though. Your test above doesn't appear to be appending to the blob but I was wondering if you had had a chance to test the append functionality?

AppendTextAsync issue

Regarding not seeing your blob in the management portal, it is possible to see the blob using Visual Studio 2015's 'Cloud explorer'. I am running the latest version of VS2015 and have the Azure 2.7 SDK. I know this might not be what you are after, but it might help with debugging.

Many Thanks, 

Roger

Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:53 AM