Editing a tabular model and I can't see the Default Field Set property RRS feed

• Question

• I'm following a tutorial and I've selected a table in grid view of my model then opened the properties. I entered a Table Description but now it says to click the Default Field Set property and I can't see that property. It says it will be under Reporting Properties which I can see but it has a minus sign beside it which suggests it's already expanded yet has nothing under it. Immediately below there is Table Behavior.

Is there some way this option is disabled that I've accidentally set?

Nick Ryan MIS Programmer Analyst, ANZ Bank

Monday, September 30, 2019 5:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Nick,

Thanks for your question.

When I read your description, I couldn't find related option or configuration in tabular model. Maybe the tutorial that you followed is too old, it doesn't match with the current version of tabular model. But you could follow the two articles to start your learning.

Adventure Works Internet Sales tutorial (1400)

Adventure Works Internet Sales tutorial (1200)

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nick Ryan Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:27 AM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2019 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Nick,

Thanks for your question.

When I read your description, I couldn't find related option or configuration in tabular model. Maybe the tutorial that you followed is too old, it doesn't match with the current version of tabular model. But you could follow the two articles to start your learning.

Adventure Works Internet Sales tutorial (1400)

Adventure Works Internet Sales tutorial (1200)

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nick Ryan Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:27 AM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2019 3:49 AM
  • Thank you for those pointers. I'm surprised that the tutorial is out-of-date as I'm following a chapter in Brian Larson's book, Delivering Business Intelligence with Microsoft SQL Server 2016.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 1:15 AM
  • Thank you for those pointers. I'm surprised that the tutorial is out-of-date as I'm following a chapter in Brian Larson's book, Delivering Business Intelligence with Microsoft SQL Server 2016.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your response.

Due to that SQL Server Analysis Service is always updated, some configurations or properties of objects are removed or replaced. If you would like to follow that book to start your study, you need to use corresponding SQL Server Analysis Service for practice.

Well, if you have got your answer, please kindly help close the thread by marking useful reply as answer.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 7:00 AM