none
ErrorAction in Azure schedulers RRS feed

• Question

• I read in the documentation for ErrorAction in Azure schedulers has a capability to send a user notification  when the primary action(service invocation)  fails .

My schedulerjob is  configured to run at a specified interval to invoke a HTTPs endpoint. I want to send an alert notification on an error or when the Webservice invocation has failed. Is there any feature that can help achieve this requirement?

• Edited by itzMack Thursday, May 31, 2018 11:52 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 11:08 PM

All replies

• Hi ItzMack, AFAIK, Azure Scheduler doesn't support this natively however I found a related stackoverflow post from a user with a similar use case and it includes a few verified responses/answers that may help.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:29 PM
  • Hi Femisulu,

I read through the link. My question is slightly different  though. I wanted to see if that Azure scheduler has the capability to send an email notification when there is a HTTP error occur or on account of the failed execution. 

In Azure documentation, the claim is that Azure scheduler can send a user notification as part of ErrroAction. 

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 10:12 PM
  • Although possible (via HTTP action), I recommend checking out Azure Logic Apps. It support all scenarios Scheduler supports and so much more, there's also the email actions (sendgrid, outlook, outlook365, gmail, etc.) that you can use for email notification.
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 10:42 AM
    Owner