Data Management Gateway File Size Limitation RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing following problem while using logic app in Azure with Data management gateway-

{

"status": 413,

"message": "The file contains 1358.249 megabytes which exceeds the maximum 30 megabytes.",

"source": "filesystem-logic-cp-southcentralus.logic-ase-southcentralus.p.azurewebsites.net"

}.

Any help is appreciated.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 3:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Vivek,

Do you mean On-premises data gateway? Data Management Gateway is used with Data Factory, and on-premises data gateway is used to create Logic Apps Gateways. Logic App have maximum message size limits, and seems like you are hitting one of them.

So, if you need to use logic apps, you would need to have smaller messages. If you are doing an ETL process (e.g. moving data from on-prem to a database in the cloud), I think you would be better off usinge Data Factory - as it is geared towards processing larger files.

I hope this helps, Wagner.

Monday, June 12, 2017 6:30 PM

All replies

• Just to confirm we would like to understand how your query is related to Azure Stack.

Azure is Microsoft's public cloud offering and Azure Stack is Microsoft's hybrid cloud solution, which as of now is in Technical preview 3.

We would move it to the appropriate forum for better support.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:02 PM
  • Hi Vivek,

Do you mean On-premises data gateway? Data Management Gateway is used with Data Factory, and on-premises data gateway is used to create Logic Apps Gateways. Logic App have maximum message size limits, and seems like you are hitting one of them.

So, if you need to use logic apps, you would need to have smaller messages. If you are doing an ETL process (e.g. moving data from on-prem to a database in the cloud), I think you would be better off usinge Data Factory - as it is geared towards processing larger files.

I hope this helps, Wagner.

Monday, June 12, 2017 6:30 PM