none
IMP: BizTalk 2010 FTP Adapter getting suspended without Any Issues RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Friends,

Need some help with an Issue on BizTalk 2010 FTP adapter.

Transactions which are using a Send Port with an FTP Adapter are getting suspended with an error shown below,

" Error details: The remote server refused a data connection." 

Only 1 or 2 transactions get suspended out of 3 transactions which get initiated everyday. This has been happening everyday.

Also, if I restart the host instances and resume the suspended transactions, they go through successfully. All processes have send ports configured with the same FTP Address and configuration details including the filenames are same.

The FTP Adapter log files show the message "500 must be connected to remote server"

I am involved in a project to migrate BizTalk Processes from BizTalk 2006 to BizTalk 2010 and these transactions/processes work absolutely fine on the 2006 environment. This rules out any restrictions on the Client side.

Any help to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.

Also, all processes go through successfully after resuming them which rules out any mistakes in the FTP adapter configuration.

I have tried spacing the processes 30 minutes apart each other to make sure they are not running in a gap of a minute of each other. hasn't worked.

Also, There's no maintenance work on the SQL Server and the resources are available for these processes, but this still under consideration, any help in ruling this out would be helpful.

Network Issues, not sure how to evaluate, but this look like an Issue.

Is the biztalk user id getting locked on the sql server? not sure, need help to evaluate this.

One thing I am going to try is to change log files to write to seperate files for each of the processes, right now they write to the same log file.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to email me.

Thanks in advance.

AJ

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 3:29 PM

All replies

• Your send adapter might exceed maximum number of simultaneous FTP sessions coming from the same IP address.  What happens if you open two ftp connections manually from the same host?

-- Ilya

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 1:27 PM