none
Asus Zenbook UX301LA USB3 problem with Kinect for Windows v2 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all, The Kinect v2 Configuration Verifier shows me a yellow color at the USB Controller section.
    It says: "Supported USB 3.0 port detected with unknown bandwidth. Kinect may or may not be compatible with your hardware."

The Asus Zenbook UX301LA USB3 controller chipset is:
    Intel Lynx Point-LP / PCH HM87 / ICH8 / DH82HM87
    (hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platform_Controller_Hub#Lynx_Point)

I'd would expect that it works but if I connect the Kinect sensor I'd think that it recognises it and I get some kind of feedback on the screen (new device detected or any pop-up window). The LED of the Kinect sometimes lights up but then it goes out again. What kind of software do I have to start to see if the Kinect correctly works with my Asus ultra book?

Thanks and best regards from Hamburg/Germany,

Jörg

Friday, August 22, 2014 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Jörg !

Did you try to lauch your Kinect v2 with Kinect Studio ? I've written a thread about it, hope that helps...!

Saturday, August 23, 2014 11:42 PM
  • If things work and you have a sensor attached, you should see a color and depth stream visible in the "Verify Kinect Depth and Color Stream" section of the tool as well

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, August 25, 2014 7:44 PM
  • Hi Jörg,

I'm considering buying the UX301LA Zenbook and want to use it for Kinect development. Did you manage to get it working?

Best regards,

Jan

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 12:19 PM