Expression Blend 3D shortcuts RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know the keyboard and/or mouse combo shortcuts for manipulating 3D objects?

For example... expand scale, reduce scale, X rotation, Y rotation...

- Brandon
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:28 AM

Answers

•  Howdy,

Thats a good question really..

On the Help  menu in Blend there is a link to Keyboard shortcuts, but from what I see, nothing is specific to what you are requiring. As far as I know, you still need to either manually control it on the artboard or from inside a specific property panel category such as "Transform".

Someone will slap me if I am wrong about that, but I have never seen such shortcuts before.

Cheers

Expression MVP

Learn Expression Blend at learnexpressionstudio.com

my blog : http://x-coders.com/blogs/sneaky/default.aspx

Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:54 PM
  • Hi BrandonBlend,

Brennon answered your question there, I have previously worked with 3D for WPF projects and if you need to make manipulations to your 3D object you would need to access the Model of your 3D content (located in [Viewport3D] -> ModelContainer -> Content -> Model) and you'll see a green, blue & red arrow "controls" on your 3D element, which allows you to manipulate the X, Y and Z values of your 3D element by clicking and dragging them.

IMO, a better approach to manipulate the 3D objects would be to make changes from the property pane, so you have full control of the exact values you want for your animation.

Additional Tip: If you notice some "clipping" on your 3D object, you should select the [PerspectiveCamera] Element (located in [Viewport3D] -> Camera) and set the Perspective Field of View property to a higher value (which is defaultly 45).

Hope this helps :)

-
    Monday, August 25, 2008 7:29 AM

All replies

•  Howdy,

Thats a good question really..

On the Help  menu in Blend there is a link to Keyboard shortcuts, but from what I see, nothing is specific to what you are requiring. As far as I know, you still need to either manually control it on the artboard or from inside a specific property panel category such as "Transform".

Someone will slap me if I am wrong about that, but I have never seen such shortcuts before.

Cheers

Expression MVP

Learn Expression Blend at learnexpressionstudio.com

my blog : http://x-coders.com/blogs/sneaky/default.aspx

Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:54 PM
  • Hi BrandonBlend,

Brennon answered your question there, I have previously worked with 3D for WPF projects and if you need to make manipulations to your 3D object you would need to access the Model of your 3D content (located in [Viewport3D] -> ModelContainer -> Content -> Model) and you'll see a green, blue & red arrow "controls" on your 3D element, which allows you to manipulate the X, Y and Z values of your 3D element by clicking and dragging them.

IMO, a better approach to manipulate the 3D objects would be to make changes from the property pane, so you have full control of the exact values you want for your animation.

Additional Tip: If you notice some "clipping" on your 3D object, you should select the [PerspectiveCamera] Element (located in [Viewport3D] -> Camera) and set the Perspective Field of View property to a higher value (which is defaultly 45).

Hope this helps :)

-
    Monday, August 25, 2008 7:29 AM