none
stamina32.dll causing errors in Excel VBA RRS feed

• Question

• I've created some spreadsheets that pull data from an investment program via a DLL they provide. The investment program uses a DLL (besides the one I reference) to aid in some of their functions call stamin32.dll. Whenever I call one of two functions using the investment program's DLL on a computer running Windows 7 and Excel 2013, I get a message that says something about "This copy of stamina is apparently unlicensed." But, when I run a test program provided by the investment program company, independent of Excel, this same function works just fine.

The owner of the investment program has looked at the computer and seen the error. He and I have tweaked Excel's trust center settings to trust the investment program location and the location of the spreadsheets. We've also re-registered stamin32.dll and done a few other things, but it still gives the error.

What can I do to get this working?

(NOTE: This same spreadsheet works just fine on Excel 2007 and 2016 on a different computer.)
    Friday, December 4, 2015 9:27 PM

All replies

• With the limited details you've given we could only throw guesses. You say the dll causes errors which sounds like its working but returns incorrect values. But you also say you get a not registered message which suggests it doesn't work at all. Do you use 32 or 64 bit Office. What's the difference in the setup that seems to work compared to the one that doesn't. Do you have a Stamina license or does the developer of the file that uses it have a license to distribute it. If you have a registered copy of stamina have you contacted its developer for support.
    Saturday, December 5, 2015 10:05 AM
  • This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Excel for Developers, this issue is related with this copy of stamina is apparently unlicensed.

Since  stamin32.dll is a DLL file used by Assembler Utility Lib for Win32 created by MicroDexterity, Inc, if you have issue with a unlicensed copy of stamina I suggest that you could contacted it's developer for support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Monday, December 7, 2015 8:51 AM
  • You say the dll causes errors which sounds like its working but returns incorrect values. But you also say you get a not registered message which suggests it doesn't work at all.
    What I mean is, the errors only occur when this DLL gets used in the spreadsheet. The other calls to the investment program's DLL that do not involve Stamin32 work fine.

Do you use 32 or 64 bit Office.
    All copies of Excel that I've mentioned here are 32-bit.

What's the difference in the setup that seems to work compared to the one that doesn't.
    Both computers have the same OS. The only apparent difference is that the computer that doesn't work uses Excel 2013 while the one that does uses Excel 2007 and 2016.

Do you have a Stamina license or does the developer of the file that uses it have a license to distribute it.
    It is packaged with the investment program and does not throw this error outside of Excel. It also does not do it in Excel on the computer that it works on.

If you have a registered copy of stamina have you contacted its developer for support.
    Not yet. I was having trouble finding them. But I just found their website today.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 12:07 AM
  • What's the difference in the setup that seems to work compared to the one that doesn't.?

Both computers have the same OS. The only apparent difference is that the computer that doesn't work uses Excel 2013 while the one that does uses Excel 2007 and 2016.

In Trust Center / Trust Center Settings  / ActiveX settings have you enabled aX controls?
    Tuesday, December 8, 2015 2:20 PM