none
How to update a master project without opening it in MS Project

Question

• Hello,

We are running Project Server 2016 environment and we need to know is there is any possibility to update the Master project without opening it.

The scenario is that there are 3 sub-projects which will be updated but we do not want the user to go and open the master project for those sub-projects. For reporting purposes we need to update the master project to show the projects roll-up.

Thank you and

Regards

Tanzim Akhtar

Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:10 AM

All replies

• Tanzim,

Since you already asked this question on the main Project forum and received multiple responses from Dale and myself, re-posting to this forum, which is monitored by the same volunteers who respond on the main forum, should at least contain a reference to your original post.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ebce4c7f-98bf-47c6-85cf-8fa3f27bc4b9/updating-master-project-without-opening-it?forum=projectprofessional2010general

John

Sunday, April 14, 2019 3:40 PM
  • John,

Sorry for posting it twice. I was asked to post it here from VBA forum and naively I did it.

I apologize for the mistake.

Shall I delete this post?

Regards

Tanzim Akhtar

Monday, April 15, 2019 6:08 AM
  • Tanzim,

This is the Project VBA forum, although it also covers anything else related to customizing and programming for Project.

You can either leave it or delete it. Since I added the cross-reference, anyone who may see it here for the first time will be able to check out the other responses.

The reason we don't like cross-posts is that we are all volunteers and more than once have I, and others, responded to a post on one forum only to later discover that someone else has already responded to the same question on the other forum.

John

Monday, April 15, 2019 3:12 PM