locked
If there limit for how many views can be in one browser form? RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    Hi,

    I am working on converting a big client form to browser form. Worked on it to the extent that design checker give Null Object reference error when I try to upload(I fixed all the filter issues which produce the same error). If I delete views from 90 to around 35(some time 32 some time 37 or in between), I can upload it. I wonder, if there is limit number of views I can fit in one form?

    Thanks in advance!

     

    --Yuhong


    yuhong Liu

    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:21 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

     

    Finally get this resolved! This was caused by combination of couple issues. We first upgraded the InfoPath to service pack 1. That does not seem help. We then upgraded our SharePoint server to SP1 + December 2010 CU. It was SP1+ June 2010 CU. That seems a break through. We also find out a combination of a dropdown box and a calculated field may cause trouble which we changed calculated field to a text box control.

    Thanks all for your help.

    --Yuhong


    yuhong Liu

    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:51 PM

All replies

  • I don't think there is a limit, but there is a time out on the infopath form services

    In central administration go to Application Management, under infopath form services clcik Configure infopath form services and up the data connection time out.


    http://sharepointsurfer.wordpress.com/

    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:27 AM
  • Thanks for reply!

    I have doubled all the numbers in the infopath form service config page. Did not make any difference.


    yuhong Liu

    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 9:09 PM
  • you may need to preform an IIS reset for the timeouts to apply.  If this doesn't work I am out of ideas!


    http://sharepointsurfer.wordpress.com/

    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:28 PM
  • Hi Yuhong,

    If I understand you correctly it sounds like you are attempting to upload an administratively published template.  If you are those time-outs will have nothing to do with that error.  What it comes down to is that with so many views the template will take an extraordinary time to convert.  I am betting that the template is close to if not well over 1mb in size.  What you could try and do is use the stsadm command to upload the template:

    stsadm.exe -o UploadFormTemplate -filename C:\InfoPathForms\Publish\sample.xsn

    If you are attempting to merely publish the template to a library and are getting a time out - I believe the messaging is "an error occurred while updating the content type" - check the version of InfoPath you are using.  If you are using InfoPath 2007 sp1 please install either this hotfix - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=958139 - or install Office 2007 sp2.  There was an issue the hotfix was released to fix where when attempting to publish a template that had a large number of fields but would end with a time out error. 


    Regards, Aaron Suoja - Microsoft Online Community Support

    Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:55 PM
  • Aaron,

    Thanks so much for replying.

    I have tried to use stsadm to upload the template, I got one line error:

    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

    I changed the logging level to verbose and trace with SharePoint ULS view, the error essentially is the same as above.

    I believe it is not as simple as just number of views. I have posted another question in this forum about uploading a large form.

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/da-DK/sharepointinfopath/thread/f18bac46-2371-45f4-876f-d81b1ea4423b

    --Yuhong


    yuhong Liu

    Thursday, February 9, 2012 3:22 PM
  • Hi,

     

    Finally get this resolved! This was caused by combination of couple issues. We first upgraded the InfoPath to service pack 1. That does not seem help. We then upgraded our SharePoint server to SP1 + December 2010 CU. It was SP1+ June 2010 CU. That seems a break through. We also find out a combination of a dropdown box and a calculated field may cause trouble which we changed calculated field to a text box control.

    Thanks all for your help.

    --Yuhong


    yuhong Liu

    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:51 PM