Out of Memory Exception. Exported Word Files are too big RRS feed

• Question

• Currently I have written an application that uses Crystal Reports XI. I currently have two issues, which hopefully someone can help me with:

The first issue is that when exporting documents in Word Format, crystal reports creates word documents of nearly 200 Mb, where for example a PDF document is only 1-2 Mb. Is there a way of reducing the size of an exported document in Word, as first of all the program is crashing and secondly I want to send these documents as attachments within emails.

An example of the code we are suing is as follows:

PdfRtfWordFormatOptions word_export_opts = ExportOptions.CreatePdfRtfWordFormatOptions();

word_export_opts.UsePageRange = false;

oReportDoc.ExportOptions.FormatOptions = word_export_opts;

oReportDoc.ExportOptions.ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile;

oReportDoc.ExportOptions.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.WordForWindows;

// Disk File destination options

DiskFileDestinationOptions dOpt = ExportOptions.CreateDiskFileDestinationOptions();

dOpt.DiskFileName = sPath + "\\tmp_" + sFile;

oReportDoc.ExportOptions.DestinationOptions = dOpt;

oReportDoc.Export();

The second issue is that I have installed the application on a machine with OS Windows 2000 Terminal Server, where none of the Reports are even being loaded within our application. We are receiving an 'Out of memory exception' when the report fails to load. Has anyone else had this problem. I have installed all the latest service packs; I have also placed the System Temp Directories on the D: where there is plenty of space.

Many Thanks

Bleddyn

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:31 PM

All replies

•  We have the same problem...

Do you have a solution already ??

You can mail me at mstassen@datamex.nl

Friday, July 15, 2011 8:51 AM
  • Hello,

Not sure what is in the report but if you have picture they get added as is, no compression so that can expand the file size substantially.

Try exporting to RTF format.

CR XI ( version 11 ) is not supported on TS. But to make it work you have to copy all the the files into the \system32 folder which may or may not work. Problem is each Users doesn't have access to the Program files when CR is installed to.

You can also upgrade to CR XI R2 for free, use your XI keycode to install:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreports/crxir2_sp4_full_bld_0-20008684.exe
    http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreports/CRYSTALREPORTS06_0-20008684.EXE

It's supported in TS.

Thank you

Don

Don Williams
    • Proposed as answer by SAPDon Friday, July 22, 2011 8:05 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 4:06 PM