BT 2010 Enterprise supported on WIN 2008 Standard? RRS feed

• Question

• This may seem to have an obvious answer, but i can't seem to find it anywhere. Does BizTalk 2010 Enterprise edition require Windows 2008 Enterprise edition, or will it run on WIN2008 Standard? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything and that all of the features of BT2010 ENT will be available to me.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Requirements dictate that you require more than one BizTalk server you will need the Enterprise Edition of BizTalk since BizTalk Server 2010 ENT is the only edition that supports using more than one computer to share a BizTalk Server 2010 load. Similarly you need to use Windows 2008 Enterprise edition as its the only edition that supports Clustering. It provides 16 Failover Cluster nodes i.e. if a node becomes unavailable within the server, another node immediately begins providing the service.

I hope this answers your question.

Rachit

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by gcooper Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:14 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:24 PM
  • No, BizTalk Server Enterprise Edition does not require Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition.

I think the only feature dependency is Host Clustering because Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition does not include Clustering.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Requirements dictate that you require more than one BizTalk server you will need the Enterprise Edition of BizTalk since BizTalk Server 2010 ENT is the only edition that supports using more than one computer to share a BizTalk Server 2010 load. Similarly you need to use Windows 2008 Enterprise edition as its the only edition that supports Clustering. It provides 16 Failover Cluster nodes i.e. if a node becomes unavailable within the server, another node immediately begins providing the service.

I hope this answers your question.

Rachit

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:24 PM
  • Thanks. But will the Enterprise edition of BizTalk install and run on WIN2008 Standard, and can I group my BizTalk servers even though they are running on WIN2008 Standard?

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:42 PM
  • No, BizTalk Server Enterprise Edition does not require Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition.

I think the only feature dependency is Host Clustering because Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition does not include Clustering.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:50 PM
  • Thanks. But will the Enterprise edition of BizTalk install and run on WIN2008 Standard, and can I group my BizTalk servers even though they are running on WIN2008 Standard?

Thanks.

Hi Gcooper,

Answer to your questions is Yes.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:15 AM