none
Azure SharePoint Health Assessment Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to run a Azure SharePoint Assessment against our on premise SharePoint 2013 Environment. In the SharePoint 2013 farm we have 2 WFE, 2 APP Servers and 2 DB Servers (SQL Cluster). I have installed the OMS Agent (I am not sure if that is the proper terminology for it or not) on our Application server that Central Administration is running on and was successfully able to create the SharePoint Scheduled Task by executing the following powershell script

$Cred = Get-Credential

Add-SharePointAssessmentTask -WorkingDirectory E:\LogAnalytics\Sharepoint -ServerName ServerXYZl -SharePointUsername $Cred.UserName -SharePointPassword $Cred.Password -ScheduledTaskUsername $Cred.UserName -ScheduledTaskPassword $Cred.Password

When I checked in Azure in the Home --> SharePointHEalthAssessment --> Overview --> SharePoint Server Assessment it says in "Assessment Quality" Discovery Failures 1. When I click on it and get to the "Focus Area" logs I see an error that states the following error. I need assistance in resolving this so I can get the health assessment to run fully against my environment so any input or help would be greatly appreciated!

{ "internalFocusAreaId": "301d3083-1450-4473-b53f-4374aa40545b", "internalFocusArea": "InternalAssessmentQuality", "internalActionAreaId": "d8fddfd2-2d9d-48bf-8d78-98aec796aeae", "internalActionArea": "SolutionDiscovery", "result": "failure", "importantWorkflow": "False", "errorInformation": "Cannot get access to SQL server dbserverxyz.sog.local\r\nType=Microsoft.Sirona.Discovery.DiscoveryException\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n+Cannot get access to SQL server dbserverxyz.sog.local at Microsoft.Sirona.Discovery.DiscoveryException..ctor(String location, INode node, Guid guid, IWorkflowContext workflowContext, Exception ex, String message, Object[] args)\r\n at Microsoft.Sirona.Discovery.DiscoveryNode.SetFailure(String location, Guid guid, Exception ex, IWorkflowContext workflowContext, String message, Boolean complete)\r\n at Microsoft.Sirona.Discovery.Services.SharePointDiscoveryService.CreateFakeFarmNode(List`1 nodes, String errorMessage, IWorkflowContext workflowContext)\r\n at Microsoft.Sirona.Discovery.Services.SharePointDiscoveryService.AddSharePointFarm(String serverName, SPDiscoveryParameters spDiscoveryParameters, IWorkflowContext workflowContext)\r\n at Microsoft.Sirona.Discovery.Services.SharePointDiscoveryService.DiscoverSharePointFarmInternal(Object state)\r\n at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)\r\n at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)\r\n at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()\r\n at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()\r\n\r\n+Type=Microsoft.Sirona.Collection.PrerequisiteException\r\n\r\n+", "userMessage": "Cannot get access to SQL server dbserverxyz.sog.local", "additionalTroubleShootingInformation": "" }

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Would be best to contact Microsoft support for this. SharePoint Assessment is not publicly available solution in Log Analytics but something created for Services Hub customers.

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:22 AM
  • I had been in contact with Microsoft and they told me to contact Azure Support. When you say "SharePoint Assessment is not publicly available solution in Log Analytics but something created for Services Hub customers" what do yo mean by that? Thanks for your response too!
    Monday, November 18, 2019 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

The links below should help you. As far as I know you have to pay additional (I think trough Premier contract or some other contract) so you get access to Services Hub.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/services-hub/health/getting_started_with_on_demand_assessments

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/services-hub/health/getting-started-sharepoint

Monday, November 18, 2019 2:59 PM