Login Failed for user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! 

I have recently installed SQL Server 2008 and restored a database from SQL Server 2005 successfully.
    All my computers connect by Windows Auth Mode through a Domain Server, but i have an office which machines connect to our network and server through a VPN and they are not registered in the domain, so the SQL Server must take the SQL Login for authentication because it is configured in Mixed Mode...

When I run the application from the other office it continues to send the message Login failed for user 'abc' , but if i user the same user to connect using the SQL Management Studio i can connect with no problems...

I'm kinda desperate....

Thanks in advance

Monday, June 14, 2010 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please elaborate a bit? What’s the connection string? Is “abc” a SQL login or Windows user?

If it’s a Windows user, please check if you specify “Integrated Security=True” in the connection string.

To determine the cause, you can also refer to the link below to look in the error log:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sql_protocols/archive/2006/02/21/536201.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by KJian_ Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:29 AM
    Monday, June 21, 2010 6:27 AM

All replies