none
Do you want to prompt users to enter their Company Name and User Name?

Question

• In the Project Assistant(ISLESetup)/Installation Interview,there is a question asking

"Do you want to prompt users to enter their Company Name and User Name?".

I wonder where does the data(Company Name and User Name) go?

Thanks in advance!

Ryuji

Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:32 AM

All replies

• This question is more relevant for this forum or InstallShield's community forum.

Btw, I think these are used for product registration function that's callable in the installation script inside the installer project.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:59 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for your response,and for the given links.

Can I excpect for a specific file name or directory where does the data is kept?

Thanks!

Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:21 AM
  • It'd would be better for you to read the documentation yourself.

TL;DR version: P/Invoke MsiGetUserInfo() API to get the information if the standard RegisterUser action is called.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:33 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for your assistance.
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:38 AM
  • The documentation you gave is very useful.

Can you further assist me how can I save the USERNAME and the COMPANYNAME in to the target system's registry?

I have created an application-information  key like this HKLM\Software\[Manufacturer] \[ProductName]\[ProductVersion].

But the values is not being stored under the /[ProductVersion].

Do I need to create new string values or any?

Hoping for your reply.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:09 AM
  • Check to see whether it's written in HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node because I think the installer should be 32-bit EXE.

Note that I'm not InstallShield expert. All I can tell you comes from their documentations and guesses on how the code should behave.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:36 AM
    Answerer
  • I have tried to run the installation and input some details,the application-information  key

HKLM\Software\[Manufacturer] \[ProductName]\[ProductVersion] was successfully written below the HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node but the details I input was not there.

I am also inquiring InstallShield support and waiting for their response.

Aprreciated your further assistance.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:58 AM
  • Have you use the installation script to write the value to registry? RegisterUser will only write the information to Installer database which is not inside Software registry.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:39 AM
    Answerer
  • I'm afraid I did not use the installation script.Can you teach me the procedures how to use it?
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:45 AM
  • It's at the first line of the page I linked to.
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you very much!
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:36 AM